Friday, November 6, 2009

Why I can't Do Relationships.....

"Things were all good just a week ago".... Well not necessarily a week but more like a few months ago. I remember when I actually looked forward to talking to him before I went to sleep and had a little smile on my face when that Good Morning text came through in the morning. Things went from good friends to damn near married in a span of a few months.

Problem is, "I" didn't know the transition was happening but apparently he did. I wish I could understand what changed....I won't dig into the deep details of the relationship but lets just say I thought I'd acquired a good friend. Boy was I wrong! It started with the constant texts of "i miss you". How can u miss someone you haven't known longer than a month? I'm not saying it's NOT possible, but I am saying in no way was the feeling mutual. Don't call me mean...just try and understand. Let me back up......

Met this dude at a party (problem number 1) in Baltimore back in July. Kicked it, exchanged numbers and chatted on a few occasions. Friends immediately laughed because he was just a kid *20*. I don't put an age on these type of things so I gave him a chance. You ever had a friend that you knew you could call at 3am to get a good laugh or to talk to you until you sobered up....(smh). That was him.

Probably should have realized things were taking a turn with the word 'baby' started getting thrown around. Remember i tweeted about the use of the word "babe"? I call a few of my friends that and I guess he took it the wrong way because the next thing I know babe had morphed into "baby". I immediately turned to my girls for advice and they all said the same thing, "LET HIM KNOW WHAT'S UP". But no, Courtney didn't do that. I continued to ignore the lovey dovey comments and went on like we were still basic friends from back in July.

In early October ..some 4 months later I started getting blank texts w/ a signature that read "i miss my baby"/"she's the one for me"/"finally found her". I tried to play dumb to see where that would get me. I'll tell you where it got me....stuck in an awkward position. The signatures were about me and he was dead serious. As the weeks progressed the calls were few and far between, mostly because I was trying to figure out how to let him know that things were moving to fast and he was getting out of control. I just KNEW that would end the "sketchiness", but nope he fired back with an almost 5 minute voicemail. I'll sum it up for you, "Please move to Baltimore and be with me. I can't take talking to you and not being able to see your face. It kills me everyday knowing I can't wake up to you. All of this is coming from the heart. Please call me as soon as you hear this!"

WTFFFFFF.

Am in the wrong for wanting to completely erase myself from this situation? I need advice! How do I get out of this now that I've let it escalate to this extreme???? I didn't think I was leading him on but I guess in a way I was. I don't really have the heart to completely DEAD him from my life but I can't let the boy continue to think we're this far along a relationship.


No comments:

Post a Comment